Sunday, October 2, 2011

31 for 21 - Day 2!

Ok...  So far so good - I'm on day 2, I have something to say and I'm actually getting it typed TODAY!  Woo Hoo!  Definately headed in the right direction, right???

I know I'm mentioned this before, but when we're out in public, Colin always gets a HUGE reaction out of people.  So many people comment on how cute he is, they talk to him, they get him to smile - all that stuff.  And I'm always wonder, "do they know?"  No one has ever stopped me to ask about that magical chromosome - or asked if he has DS, or comment on it.  I don't think his features are very strong - and maybe that's why we've never been "spotted."  I look forward to the day though when we are!!  I'm proud of our boy - I'm proud of his designer genes, and maybe someone will one day pick up on that!

Since having Colin, I've only approached 2 different families about their kid.  One was the little girl in church (which, ironically is Natalie's CCD teacher this year!!).  The other was at Natalie's gymnastics one evening when we were there for a makeup class.  The little boy was so taken by Colin and spent the whole class time entertaining him.  It was cute.  My hope is that as time moves on, I'll feel MORE comfortable approaching people when out in public! 

Here are a few pictures of my little guy this evening after he had just finished eating.  And yes, I did wash the sweet potatoes off his face - apparently, not very well! 



See ya tomorrow!!!  (ok, now I'm off to figure out what tomorrows topic should be!  PRESSURE!!!)

1 comment:

  1. what a cutie! We've been spotted, but only by people who know Ds. I guess the cuteness overpowers the chromosome...or is the cuteness because of the chromosome? :)

    ReplyDelete