Monday, October 10, 2011

31 for 21 - Day 10!!!

Why my brother is EXTRA special!
......by Natalie

Today I have a guest blogger!  It's a big day for her - HER BIRTHDAY!!  Natalie turns 8 today.  So, in honor of her birthday, she is going to tell me why her brother is extra special - I'll type for her (it goes way quicker!!!).  So, here we go.

My brother Colin was born with down syndrome - that makes him extra special.  He has 47 chromosomes and I have 46.  Sometimes he needs more help.  Even though he's 1, he's still not crawling or walking.  I help him try to crawl, play with toys, and read him books.
My favorite thing to do with him is make him laugh.  To make Colin laugh I "tickle monster" time!!  I also make funny noises and faces that he really likes. 
I want Colin to be a healthy kid as he grows up.  I hope that he learns how to play musical instruments.  I hope he becomes a doctor.
I want people to know that my brother has the best smiles in the world. 
I love him a bazillion gillian pieces!  He's the BEST little brother that I could ask for!
This was taken the 1st day he was alive.  He was cute even here!

See!  He has 47 pieces to love - and I love all of them!!


1 comment:

  1. What an AMAZING big sister! Beautiful post. Happy Bday Natalie!

    ReplyDelete