Monday, October 3, 2011

31 for 21 - Day 3!

Everyone wants the best for their children - I think all parents feel that way.  When I received Colin's diagnosis one of my first questions was, "what will happen?"  There are so many unknowns about his future - who will he be?  How will he do in school?  Will he be able to support himself?  I know I should focus on the present and not think so far into the future because I don't want to miss anything in the present!!!

One of my close friends from work sent me this link today.  When I watched the video, and read the article, it brought tears to my eyes!  The excitement in her eyes, and her parents reaction tells it all!  They are parents who only want the best for the daughter - DS or not!  I would love for this to be Colin someday - well, maybe not homecoming queen, but maybe homecoming king!  Because we all want our children to be respected, liked and loved!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/02/mariah-slick-down-syndrome-homecoming-queen_n_991098.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl7%7Csec1_lnk1%7C100831

No comments:

Post a Comment