Thursday, October 13, 2011

31 for 21 - Day 13!!!

Why I am glad to be a Mother to child with Down Syndrome

Many people today are blogging about this same topic...  So I looked to it for inspiration!  Some of these things I know I've mentioned before on previous blog posts - but that's ok!  

1.  Colin has taught me a lot about patience!  I've learned to slow down and smell the flowers.  I've waited longer for the milestone, and learned that it's ok to wait. 

2.  Low muscle tone is ok!  He gets to stay a baby longer.  I know he's getting heavy, but that's ok!  I enjoy snuggling with him and holding him.  At least he's not anxious to get down to run everywhere!  He loves being carried and held by mommy!

3.  Down Syndrome has opened my eyes to a whole new world!  I've been introduced to some new people who are wonderful!  I've learned about some of the most adorable children I've ever seen!  I look at toys in a whole new light.  I've learned about Early Intervention.  Lots of things that never had entered my mind!

4.  The features of DS are part of what make Colin so extra cute!!  Those little eyes, his tiny nose!  His curved pinky on each hand.  His tiny ears.  I love all of his features!

5.  Colin has made quite a positive impact on our family!  He's only helped to strengthen my marriage to Steve!  He's taught Natalie how to love more then she already did!  He's taught people around him that DS is ok - it's better then ok!  Everyone he has come into contact with has fallen in love with him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment