Wednesday, October 5, 2011

31 for 21 - Day 5!!!

Tuesday, Tuesday.......

Baby boot camp day!  Therapy time!  Every Tuesday Colin receives OT at 4pm.  I love his therapist.  She is awesome with him.  She totally judges his mood and his cooperation level and decides from there what she will do.  Everything she does with him is therapeutic in some way - I love it!  I totally look at play through different eyes now. I look at toys different then I ever did.  I'm so focused on what I do with Colin at home in the evenings - I always try to encourage something we worked on in therapy that week.  Poor kid.....  He doesn't even get to be a baby.  It's ALL about work, and therapy.

He will be starting PT shortly.  We have our IFSP meeting next Friday and hopefully that will start the ball rolling.  He already has the recommendation, now we will just have to find a physical therapist who will work with our schedule.  I'm hoping that PT can go to his daycare to provide his services there.

Colin yesterday in therapy:

Oh great....  Every band director mom's WORST nightmare!  Give the boy crash cymbals.  {groan!}


Yea, that's right Colin, put them IN your mouth!  Somehow, I don't think Susan had that in mind!!

Ahhh...  Now comes the physical part, this is usually when he starts to get annoyed. 


See, I told you...  He's NOT happy now!


Ok, so maybe some peek-a-boo will help distract Colin.... {he's mad that he's up on his knees!!}


See!!  The fussing is GONE!





And......  There he goes again.  Boo.


Working on getting on all 4's...  This didn't last too long - then he got mad!  But he got there for a few. 

I'm proud of Colin for all of his hard work in OT.  It's not easy.  For most babies, these things come easy.  For Colin, everything is about work and learning how to do it!  But I know, he'll do it all - on his own time.

1 comment: