Friday, October 7, 2011

31 for 21 - Day 7!!!

My Rock



My husband Steve is my rock!  We've been married 2.5 years and they have been the BEST 2.5 years of my life.  I said to him the other day, "doesn't it feel like we've married longer then we have?"  And not in a bad way.  Maybe it's because we've known each other so long. 
But since we received Colin's diagnosis Steve has been my rock.  AMAZING.  Without a doubt.  As I have been on this journey I have experienced multiple emotions.  There are times I've been ok with it all.  There are times I feel like I can't handle it.  There are times that I've questioned WHY Colin was given to *us* - but like I said, Steve has been there 100%.  There have been moments of complete irrational comments/thoughts and he has always been able to talk me down!!
He is the best dad - so involved and it's obvious how much he loves his little guy!  He's amazing.  I can't wait to see how their relationship grows as Colin gets older.
It's been fun to see Steve with Natalie and how much he loves her!  I can't wait to see a similar relationship as Colin grows.  Fun times!


1 comment:

  1. Great blog! You got a good one - Steve AND Colin : )

    Have to ask - what's the basket on the WI stand behind the Steve in the top picture? Is it a bowl basket or something else?

    Julie

    ReplyDelete