Saturday, January 1, 2011

"....Tis the Season!"

Ahhhh...  Thanksgiving, Christmas, then New Year's!  It's all about rush, rush, rush.  But, in reality, most importantly (I have to remind myself of this!), it's about those wonderful memories you make with your children and spending time with family!

Colin had no idea that it was his 1st Christmas!  But, everyone else did.  And they spoiled him ROTTEN (and his sister of course!).  He received such wonderful presents.  But even more fabulous was the present that he gave everyone - his presence.  It's amazing what a baby can do to people!  Even those that don't appear to be "baby people" can get a smile on their face when they see Colin.  Who knows, maybe it's his hair!  People love to be around him, and I think the whole family was glad to have him here throughout the entire holiday season!  We had a wonderful Christmas day, with a lot of family around, and I don't think Colin ever had a chance to be by himself!  Even while sleeping, someone was holding him.  He had the chance the chance to spend the day with both sets of grandmparents.  It was a wonderful day, having everyone around.

We went to Steve's grandpa's for awhile this past Thursday (getting a flat tire on the way, but that's a WHOLE other story!!!).  It was so cute to see his grandpa, on his hands-and-knees entertaining Colin while he was on the floor and no one else was in the room.  I think he really enjoys when his great grandson comes to visit!

Colin's biggest fan is my sister!  She is constantly threatening to "steal him."  Yep, those are her words!  I think Colin is a pretty big fan of his Aunt!  She's able to get some pretty big smiles from the little guy!


Today we got together with Steve's parents, sister, brother-in-law and their two kids to celebrate Christmas.  It was a fun time!  Steve's neice had a good time holding Colin.  It was so sweet!

I love that as Colin grows up he has the support of so many family members.  They all love him dearly.  I don't think that Colin has come across anyone yet that he hasn't made an impact on.  He always puts a smile on people's face.  Not sure if that's because he's a baby, or because he's just Colin!  And as I always say, when I see someone else smile because of Colin, I know it's all going to be ok.....



No comments:

Post a Comment