Wednesday, December 29, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things.....

These are a few (and only a few!) things that make Colin Colin....  He's simply A-DOR-ABLE!  I know, I'm biased, but I'm allowed to be biased.  I'm his momma....

The first is probably his hair.  He's got CRAZY hair. It's definately his personality.  We can't go anywhere without people commenting on his hair!  It's constant.  Sometimes it kinda drives me a bit crazy.  I hear all the time "Look at that hair!"  It makes me want to say, "WOW!  Where did that come from?!?!  I've NEVER seen that before!!  When Dr. Zunich (the geneticist) was checking him out in the hospital after he was born she said, "You know, all the babies in the nursery are jealous of his hair, right?"  She told us that we should die the mohawk part of it purple for halloween.  I love his hair.

Colin has a little swirl at the top of his head, right at his hairline.  The lady that cuts my hair once referred to it as a "tornado." That's exactly what it looks like!  Colin's sister had one as an infant, and still does, but hers is not as pronounced.  I love his little "tornado."

His little piggies...  Aren't they adorable?!?  He has webbed toes (which is part of the DS).  I didn't realize it until my sister pointed them out when he was about 4 days old.  The right foot is webbed more then the left.  Steve is convinced this will make him a better swimmer.  Yea, that doesn't make a difference.  But his toes are so cute!



His little hands and pinkies.  On both hands, his pinkies curve inwards.  Again, that is part of the DS.   But they are so sweet and tiny, and adorable.  I love kissing his little hands! 

But, most of all, the best thing about my little guy is his HUGE smile.  It melts my heart, it makes me smile, and again, I realize "it's all going to be ok." 
He started these huge open mouth smiles around 8-9 weeks old.  Right before Thanksgiving.  I love the way he smile when he's interacting with his Daddy.  That's the absolute best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment