Sunday, January 23, 2011

4 MONTHS OLD!!


I can't believe my little guy is 4 months old!!  Where did the last 4 months go?  He's changed so much and he continues to amaze me everyday.  I'm on my final 2 weeks of leave and it's back to school.  It makes me sad.  I love my days with him - even the crazy ones!  He just goes with the flow and nothing bothers or phases him.  It's not that I don't want to go back to school, because I do love my job, but I just don't know how I'm going to do it all!  All the craziness that comes with being back to work stress me out.  Not to mention that this is the point that Steve's job gets crazy and he works horrible hours.  There will be weeks where I will hardly see him in the evenings.  And now I have two kids to handle.  Homework to do with Natalie, piano practicing, gymnastics... 
Anyways - this isn't about my crazy life!  This is about Colin, right?  :-)

So, as I was saying, my little guy is now 4 months old.  I'm hoping he now weighs 12lbs, but we won't know until he goes to the dr on Friday.  I was supposed take him this past Friday, but I had a meeting at school.  He will be due for his 4 month shots too.  Boo...  Last time, at his 2 month shots, the poor boy SCREAMED!  I had never heard him scream that way!!!  It was terrible.

Colin is still the sweetest baby ever.  He gives you smiles all the time.  He loves being talked to.  He loves being interacted with.  He talks back to you too!  The sweetest little coos.  It's adorable.  Steve and I laugh at night when we first put him to bed.  He will lay in his crib until he's asleep talking away.  It's adorable.

He is still not a fan of tummy time.  I know it's good for him, and his neck muscles and upper body strength.  but he HATES it!  A lot of the time, when he's placed on his belly he'll just flip himself over so he's on his back.  I bought him a floor mirror, but he definately doesn't have the strength, on the floor, to push up to watch himself in the mirror.  I wish he would - I think he'd get a kick out of it.

So, as I spend the last two weeks with him at home, I will try to relish every moment I have with him.  I will steal as many of his smiles as I can.  So, when those obnoxious middle schoolers drive me crazy, I'll just try to picture my sweet little boys face!

2 comments:

  1. He is so cute!!! Welcome to the blogging world.

    www.jaimeharman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that if you get him nursing, then they give him his shot, he will not cry. The nursing relaxes him. I never tried it; but you could see how he does.

    ReplyDelete