Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Wonderful Big Sis!

The other evening I was folding laundry in my bedroom.  I went out to get something and came back in the bedroom.  In that short time, Natalie "snuck" into the room, picked Colin up and started to play with him.  Since it was Sunday, football was on.  We're a divided household.  Natalie & I are Colts fans and Steve is a Bears fan.  I don't have the heart to tell Steve that Colin loves the Colts too.  Anyways, as I'm walking into the room, I hear Natalie saying to Colin "You know the Colts are the best football team, right?"  It was so adorable!
What I saw made me SO happy!  Colin laying on Natalie's tummy and pulling his head up!  He HATES tummy time and the moment you put him on him tummy he rolls himself right over.  How else is he supposed to build those neck muscles?!?!  Children with DS often have low muscle tone.  Even though Colin is a strong baby, I am starting to notice this in his head/neck.  He doesn't have the same control that Natalie had when she was his age.  It was great to see how well he was holding his head up and how encouraging Natalie was being!  Of course, I had to grab my camera and capture the moment!  The camera is never too far from me.

Colin was really enjoying following her lollipop!  He was totally fascinated by this red dot in front of his face.



Being encouraged by big sis!

Hanging out with my sis.....

2 comments:

  1. What better motivator can you find? None! Beautiful kids.

    It's always such a joy to me to watch Sean interact with his big sister as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious that she's trying to indoctrinate him so young! Very good taste she has rooting for the Colts! Love the pictures...so sweet! Eon is so motivated by his big siblings, too.

    ReplyDelete