Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Blizzard of 2011

......and what a Blizzard it was!  I headed to the gym on Tuesday around noonish, pretty sure that I wouldn't make it to my 7pm session with my trainer because of the incoming snow.  Around 1ish the snow started, and it was coming down hard and fast!  Natalie's school let out an hour early.  We were all in, and ready for most of it to begin!  We watched Toy Story 2 last night.  Love family movie nights!  ......Even if they give me a hard time because I always fall asleep!

This morning, this is what I woke up to:
Steve had said last night, "Unless my car is hidden by snow, I won't consider this a major storm."  Yea, well hang on there Mr!  It was only 8:30am!!  We had a lot of snow ahead of us.

So, Natalie sat in the front window for awhile and watched the snow falling:



And Colin hung out on his playmat!  He loves this thing!

He had no idea what was going on outside!  But, little did he know, he would find out later today when we took him out for a brief while!  hehe

At one point, I looked outside and couldn't see across the street!  The snow was coming down hard and fast!!  (do you see the fire hydrant at the edge of our side yard?)

Delicious breakfast followed!!  I love making pancakes and sausage for the family on days like today.  Delicious!
Colin didn't get to eat the good breakfast, but he did keep us company!


We spent the day relaxing.  At one point I was curled up in the recliner with Colin, Natalie, and my cat!  Steve had fallen asleep on the couch.  I dozed for a few minutes until......  SURPRISE!  My sister calls.  Woke me up.
Once the snow stopped, around 3pm, we finally headed outside to explore a bit, see how deep it was, and begin the digging-out process!

This is what we found when we opened the garage door:
Steve almost got his wish to have his car buried in snow.....  Almost!

Colin decided to see how he compared to the drift!


Natalie starts digging!


So, how much did we get??
The ruler says 17.5" Give or take an inch or so!

FINALLY!!  Driveway is plowed out!

......And one last picture of my little guy!


Tomorrow, everyone's home again.  Snow day!  But I told everyone it's a workday!  LOTS to do that we didn't do today....  :-)  And I hope to not see this type of snow for a LONG time!

No comments:

Post a Comment